Our Volunteer Program
Marshall Community Blood Center volunteers are a select and motivated group of individuals who want to support their community in a special and meaningful way.
One of many volunteer activities includes volunteering at
the center and at blood drives. Volunteers are responsible for hosting donors following their blood donation. It is important that donors feel comfortable and appreciated. In most cases, the volunteer is the last contact the donor makes with our organization before leaving our center
or blood drive. With the volunteer's help, the donor will leave us feeling special and hopefully will return in 56 days to make another donation.
- Greet donors as they arrive from donor room
- Instruct the donor to stay for 15 minutes
- Serve at least two cups of fluid (juice, etc.) & various snacks
- Watch for signs of donor reaction
- Ask the donor to complete a reminder card
- Thank the donor as he/she leaves and ask them to return in 56 days
- Other significant volunteer services and job responsibilities are available throughout the year. These include blood transportation, office support and community development.
Please help. You are needed!
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please contact
Jennifer Farley at (530) 409-7003 or Sharon Redding (530)